Sunday, October 7, 2012

Halloween Chandelier on the Cheap





I've been staring at this dust-collecting-fruit bowl-thrift find for weeks now.  It has served as a great book end these last few years but I've been thinking, it's time for a costume change!


Supplies: Mardi Gras beads, other decorative beads (whatever you may want to hang from the chandelier), fruit bowl or colander, spray paint, hot glue and toilet paper cardboard inserts.

 

Step 1: Construct a few Toilet Paper Roll Candles (I used 5 for this project).
 
Step 2: Turn the fruit bowl upside down and place candles and beads in your desired location.  Mardi Gras beads are also used to hang the chandelier - adjust the length by using less or more beads.
 
 
Step 3: Use black spray paint to bring everything together.







I'll be taking this guy to Ohio next week to be used for my Sister's Halloween party.  I intend on adding a few more details once I arrive.  I'd like to hang spider cut outs (or maybe bats?) at different lengths from the middle. 

Total cost: $9
  • Fruit Bowl - Goodwill $3
  • Mardi Gras Beads - Dollar Tree $1/pack
  • Christmas Beads - Dollar Tree $1/pack of 3
  • Battery operated tea lights - Dollar Tree $1/pack of 3
  • Hot glue, spray paint, card board inserts - on hand


21 comments:

  1. Very fun! When I saw "chandelier" and "cheap" I knew I had to come check it out! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever! Love the drippy hot glue candles. I have a large cardboard tube from a carpet, would love to make an oversize one, lol! Your chandelier looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ann! That large candle could be pretty cool as a Christmas decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! So creative! I came here from Take a Look Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that I'm following you! What a clever idea. Thank you so much for sharing:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm following you back :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE!! How creative are you?? And this is so fun for halloween! I am a new follower! Would love for you to visit my site and join as well!

    riversrecipereview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This chandelier is amazing! Love the black! So perfect for Halloween. I saw your link on I Gotta Create and just had to stop by for a visit. I'm now your newest follower.
    Tuula :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. VERY cool!! It's perfect for Halloween too :o)

    Thanks for partying with us @ Keep Calm & Link Up this week!
    xo, Meredith @www.waittilyourfathergetshome.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Featured it on the Link Up and Spook On week 2 features as well.. Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very creative!

    Thank you for linking up at the Wildly Original party.
    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for taking the time to stop by!

      Delete
  12. I LOVE this!! So creative!!

    Thanks for linking this up at Artsy Corner! Hope to see you again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! I have almost the same chandelier hanging over my desk in my office. I made it with an old discarded iron candle holder. I should take pictures, it has black chunky glitter spiders hanging from it. I love your creations!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...