Monday, December 19, 2011

DIY Candle Holders - Nature Meets Glam


Supplies: 
  • Aluminum cans
  • Sticks from the yard
  • Candle sticks
  • Hot glue
  • Rope 
  • Clear beads




Step 1:  
  • Gather all the sticks you can find (well I had to because I don't have trees in my backyard - some how I had sticks though...)




Step 2:  
  • Cover the can with a natural colored paper 
  • On the first can I used scrapbook paper 
  • On the second can I used a brown paper bag


Step 3:   
  • Hot glue the sticks around the aluminum can (If I could go back, I wouldn't have used the aluminum cans for this project but maybe glass votive holders from the Dollar Store.  The can is much more visible through the sticks then I would have liked.)



Step 4:
  • Adhere the cans to candle sticks (I had some glitzy looking taper holders I purchased from Hobby Lobby a few years back.)
  • To help tie the natural look of the sticks  to the more glamorous look of the  candle stick, I strung clear beads on a thin rope and draped it around each can.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...