Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmases past...




I've been busy making Christmas gifts for friends... Gifts that have to be mailed across the country... Gifts that I can't post until they receive them...and it's killing me!! 

I feel like it has been a lifetime since my last post and I was itching to put something out there. Here are some pics from Christmases past...


2008
________________________________________



What: 

My Charlie Brown Christmas Tree and handmade snow ball ornaments.

How: 
  • I raided the backyard for branches (and glued white glitter to the tops to simulate snow)
  • The snow ball ornaments were created from white string, a balloon and fabric stiffener (glue, mod podge, etc.)
  • Blow the balloon up to your desired snow ball size, wet the string with the glue and wrap it around the balloon in several directions.  Let the snow balls dry over night.  Deflate and pull out the balloon. 



2009
____________________________________________


Above: Grandma's hand painted village (which Jaime {sister} and I later inherit).  Below:  Grandma's hand sewn stockings



2010
__________________________________________

Last year's Christmas card - 
featuring our beautiful children ;)


 The first Christmas away from my Ohio family :(

Below:  Grandma split her Christmas village between Jaime and I.  I proudly displayed them in lieu of a Christmas Tree (I'm scared the puppies would be too curious of the tree).

We {the Husband and I} received so many greeting cards in the mail - I just taped them to the brick fire place.   

How do you display your Christmas cards??!







10 comments:

  1. I love the snowball ornaments...I would love for you to share it at my "18 Days til Christmas" Linky party...

    http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2011/12/18-days-til-christmas-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the snowball ornaments too. How fun it is to look through photos from holidays past. Happy Holidays!
    Karah @ thespacebtweenblog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the snowball ornaments. I have a dresser in my entryway that I prop my cards on. It usually gets overloaded by Christmas.

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your snowball ornaments are so fun!! And I really enjoyed this look back at Christmases past! Thanks for sharing on Fancy This Fridays this week!!! By the way... SOMEONE has a FEATURE!!! ;) http://www.trulylovelyblog.com/2011/12/fancy-this-features-54.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, hopped over here from the {Re}Create Link Party. I just love the snowball ornaments, and I can't wait to try them out! I'm your newest follower, and I hope you'll get a chance to follow me back :)

    -Melissa, Walking in Faith
    http://faithfulmelissa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the snowball ornaments - I have been itching to mske some - maybe today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely shots. I don't send Christmas cards. I have received only three this year as a result.

    Looking forward to the day I recieve none. Love Christmas but I'm done making Australia post rich.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these super easy and cute ornaments.
    What a trip down memory lane. Isn't fun to see how we change over time.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these ornaments! Thanks so much for sharing at this week's BFF Open House! Hope you'll be a regular.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tree is really cute ; )) I LOVE the ornaments :))

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...