T shirt experiment # 1
|Elmers Gel Glue|
- Wet the t shirt
- Place a barrier in-between the front and back of the shirt. This is to prevent the glue from soaking through to the backside of the shirt (next time I'd like to see how the shirt turned out without wetting it first)
- Write your message on the shirt using the glue (her directions advised to use the blue gel glue only. I'm curious if clear or white glue would work)
- Let the glue completely dry (I allowed it to dry over night)
- Sweet Verbena's next step advises to soak the glue dried t-shirt in a cold dye bath (I soaked for about 15 minutes - the longer you soak the darker the color)
- Rinse the shirt in cold water then throw it in the washing machine to remove the remaining glue and dye.
The message is a little hard to read but you get the idea.
T shirt experiment # 2
Write your message out on a dark colored t-shirt.
Next time around I will be more mindful of the power of the CLOROX Bleach Pen. Just when I thought I had the right rhythm down, the pen turned on me in the form of big bleachy globs.
Let the bleach dry (I dried it over night) then throw your t shirt into the washing machine.