Halloween is my favorite Holiday and I'm very excited to begin planning for my sister's 3rd annual Halloween bash! There is something gratifying about making my own decorations and if I can save money while being creative then what a bonus!
I've seen these specimen/apothecary jars all over the Internet so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon.
|Candy jar and candle stick holder form the Dollar Store|
Each specimen jar consists of:
- A candle stick (Dollar store and Savers)
- Jar with lid (Dollar store and Savers)
- Wooden finial (Hobby Lobby) - Chess pieces would work!
- Wooden base (Hobby Lobby - I only used a base for 3 of the jars)
I primed everything with the exception of the clear jars - then sprayed them with a combination of black matte and black stone spray paint
With a heavy duty glue (I used E6000) adhere all of your pieces together.
- The labels are from the Martha Stewart Collection at Michael's
- The body parts are from the Dollar Store
- Check out the Spell Books here
I've linked up with:
- Making Monday Marvelous @ C.R.A.F.T.
- I made the world cuter today @ Making the World Cuter
- Just Something I whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
- Motivate me Monday @ Keeping it Simple
- Brag Monday @ The Graphics Fairy
- Tutorial Tuesday @ With Hope Studios
- Take a Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee
- Made By You Mondays @ Skip to my Lou
- Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
- New Success U @ The Stuff of Success
- Get Your Craft on at Today's Creative Craft
- Check out the other parties I'm linking to Here